Dudhnoi College is situated in the southern bank of Brahmaputra in the district of Goalpara and is within two hours reach from Dispur- the capital of Assam. The college is located in Dudhnoi, which is now headquarter of the Rabha Hasong Autonomous Council. It was established by a group of visionary people in 1972 in an area of about 100 bighas of land in order to carry forward the unsaid hopes and desires of a group of marginalised indigenous agrarian people predominantly inhabited by tribal people. Thus Dudhnoi College is the manifestation of the collective dreams of people of the locality and the result of their aspirations and perspirations. Though started only with Arts stream, the college upgraded its academic curriculum in 1996 and 2015 by incorporating Science and commerce stream respectively. The entire team of college collectively strides with unshakable faith and dedication towards achieving excellence. Constant feedback from students, teachers, alumni and guardians provides ample opportunities to evaluate realistically its holistic journey and to adopt appropriate measures as and when necessary to continue its story of success. The gradual improvement of the college as reflected in the last two cycles of NAAC assessment and accreditation affirms this unswerving collective attitude in the college. The college has a pristine green campus with a big pond around the main building and a foot-bridge over the pond enhances its beauty.
Vision Of The College
The vision of Dudhnoi College is “to disseminate the knowledge of higher education among the needy section of the society and to become a frontrunner in teaching, learning and research, so that the fullest potential of the students may develop enabling them to compete with modern day challenges and opportunities, along with the quality of leadership that may inspire them to work for the advancement of the society and the nation”
Mission Of The College
The missions of the college are as follows:
- To be a centre of higher learning through which quality education can be imparted to the students by adopting best of the best practices.
- To mould intellectually competent, morally upright and socially committed persons capable of building a more human social order.
- To motivate the students to pursue higher education, appear for competitive exams, and other value added programmes for their holistic development.
- To extend its activities to address environmental, social and cultural concerns in the region and promote free enquiry and life-long learning.
- To provide an environment to both the teachers and learners for developing the fullest potential by combining talents, skills and values in the field of culture and sports along with education.
- To generate and inculcate the leadership quality among the students for the advancement of the society and the nation by way of co-curricular and outreach extension programme.